OIC Marine Services
If any person has concerns relating to safety in the harbour areas they should contact the Piermaster at the location or the Safety Officer at the Harbour Authority Building. The following is general safety advice to all persons intending to work or visit any of our harbour areas:
Health and Safety Advice to All Port Users
OIC Marine Services endeavors to promote and provide for the safe use and working environment within all harbour areas under their jurisdiction. A Safety Management System has been developed along with Standard Operating Procedures to promote safe and efficient harbour operations. Safe and efficient port operations are of the utmost importance and harbour users and visitors are requested to follow all instructions and guidance relating to safety while in and around the harbour areas.
Safety Management System - Statement of Commitment
- Safety Management System (6Mb) August 2013
- OIC Marine Services is committed to undertaking and regulating marine operations to safeguard all its harbour areas, its users, the public and the environment.
- OIC Marine Services aims to run a safe, efficient, cost-effective, sustainable harbour operation for the benefit of all users and the wider community.
- OIC Marine Services is committed to full compliance with all legal requirements and to meet these requirements in all its operations, while seeking to meet the changing needs of all harbour users.
- OIC Marine Services is committed to ensuring that all its employees, contractors and port users are well informed, well trained, engaged and committed to the HSE improvement process. OIC Marine Services recognises that safe operations depend not only on technically sound vessels and equipment but on competent people and an active HSE culture and that no activity is so important that it cannot be done safely.
- OIC Marine Services is fully committed to undertaking hazard identification and risk assessments and the reporting of HSE results.
- OIC Marine Services expect that all port users recognise that they can affect its operations and reputation, and must operate to its standards. OIC Marine Services will assure itself that its contractors' and others' management systems fully support its commitment to HSE performance.
- OIC Marine Services aims to meet the national requirements in the Port Marine Safety Code.